Tuesday 8 September 2009

Bridal Makeup

Many of my wedding clients will know that Susan assists me as a wedding stylist at every wedding I undertake and having her there allows me to focus entirely on taking wonderful photographs – whilst she organises big groups of people, arranges dresses and veils to perfection, carries my heavy photography equipment, helps to ensure the bride and groom have all their requested photographs taken, and many other jobs beside. She’s even been known to lace wedding dresses, rearrange bouquets and stitch bridesmaids dresses when they were too large, allowing everyone to walk down the aisle looking gorgeous and the day to go ahead smoothly!

Susan is also a fabulous bridal makeup artist and a few Mirror Imaging clients have taken advantage of her skills at their wedding, including Sally at Makeney Hall, Anna at Donington Manor and Sara at The Carriage Hall. I feel more relaxed about working with a makeup artist who understands what looks great on camera and about how light and shade work to create a gorgeous look. There is certainly an excellent synergy between photographer and makeup artist/stylist and I urge you to consider booking her considerable talents on your wedding day.

Sometimes, when I don’t have a wedding booking myself, I return the favour and accompany Susan to her bridal makeup wedding bookings, when I take some photographs of her brides’ looking made up and radiant!

Heather was recently made up by Susan for her wedding and she needed a bridal makeup look that complemented her warm skin tone, strawberry blonde hair and gorgeous pink rose bouquet. The resulting look was soft, feminine and very flattering. Heather – we hope you had a wonderful day and you love the photographs.










No comments: